2011年3月31日木曜日

Got new weapon, but....


It is still critical situation in Japan. But I have to do to my life and work possible normally.

Anyway, today's topic is my new weapon of snowboard.
Got new snowboard from Virus Snowboards Germany. It is Ultimate Free Carving 163.






163cm board is shorter than current my main board is 180cm GS board.

Before parchase, I did contact to Frank Dietzel is CEO of Virus Snowboards. Because it was difficult to choose length for me.
I got advise from him.
He said, UFC is very very fast board. If you want deferent feeling to current board. 163cm is better for you.

I decided to parchase to 163cm.
UFC has been arrived my home on 28/Feb from Germany, when I was in Germany for business!! It's funny....

I opened the box after Euro trip.
It's so nice snowboard!! Deck is Titanium and Carbon!!







I checked stiffness of bending and torsion. I think it is little bit soft compare with my current and past used boards.
UFC has so big side cut radius, therefore it is little bit soft. Rider have to more stand angle at into turn situation for same radius of SL boards.

Nose of this board is "hammer head" and "rocker" shape. They are strong effect to into turn situation and stability. But I have to arrange riding little bit for this may be.










I did set up binding and edge tune and waxing.

My stance setting is follows;
Stance width: 540mm (possible wider)
Front angle:55 degree
Rear angle:50 degree
Side cant : No
Toe and heel lift: higher as possible
(my stance width depends on amount of lift)

I planed to go to test ride on 12th/March.
But as you know, Japan had hard attack by terrible earthquake on 11th/March. I could not go.

At the moment (end of March), perhaps I am not sure go to ride to mountain in this season. If I can go to there, I will report to impression of this board!!

I am looking forward to riding UFC soon.

Bye!!



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿