2010年12月26日日曜日

Road bike with power meter


Hi,

Today, I will write about power meter of road bike. I use Powertap system with Garmin GPS reciever since last year July.




My road bike was made on 2006, frame is carbon one piece, replaced front fork to EDGE fork that is very stiff and enough light weight.

Power meter is in Rear wheel hub (powertap). I use with EDGE 66mm carbon rim.

Before use power meter, I used only HRM system. HRM system is very good for monitor my condition and load. However load is not real time because HR increased after little bit time. And sometime I saw deferent HR value on the same route due to wind condition and my physical condition.

Power meter can indicate real load. I can manage easy my power and training load.
But sometime I disappointed because I saw own poor physical....it is motivation for me.

Usually I use Powertap, I can know load of my training route and can feel. If I use deferent wheels (not Powertap), I can ride almost same load by experience Powertap. Honestly speaking I wanna other power meter on crank arm (example; SRM or Cinq), hahaha.
Also I expect to Japanese maker's new power meter (Pioneer said they are developing)

So, currently I did not have any trouble on Powertap. It has good durability. Only one worry point this is water proof performance.

Powertap has a cover for battery and electric base, of course it has seal ring between cover and body, but not enough to heavy rain.
I paint silicon grease to thread between here.

Let's power training!!
Keep fun ride!!

Bye


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿